Modular Ink-Jet Controller for Large Character Printing
The EBS-1500 Series is a Large Character Print (LCP) category of industrial Ink-Jet printers and printing systems that use print-heads with many discrete ink jets produced by a number of valve-secured nozzles (Drop-on-Demand, DOD, technology).
LCP printers are used to label in a non-contact way, with objects moving on factory conveyors. Their 7- to 64-nozzle print-heads produce large prints varying in height between 6 and 115 mm. The EBS-1500 Series features leading-edge electronics encased inside rugged steel housings, and includes on-board software that makes it easy to create and print alphanumeric text and graphic images without the use of a computer.
The EBS-1500 Series controls large-character EM printheads that feature from seven to 64 dots to provide print heights ranging from 5mm to 115mm. EM units use solvent-based inks that adhere well to non-porous surfaces, including metal, glass, plastic and more.
In addition, the controllers handle piezo printheads that contain up to 352 dots and allow print heights between 10mm and 48mm. These printheads and their Gycol-based inks are recommended for porous substrates like corrugated cardboard, paperboard, textiles and wood.
EBS-1500 Series-based systems provide a high level of flexibility. Every system consists of a controller which supports up to six printheads.
- Printhead: Maximum of 6
- Matrix: 5×5, 7×5, 9×5, 9×7, 11×8, 12×6, 2×7, 14×9, 16×10, 16×14, 21×15, 25×15, 32×18, 64×36
- Memory: 1024 texts; 256KB
- Nozzles: 7, 16, 25, 32, 64
- Character Size: 5mm to 115mm
- Head position: Any
- Ink: Water-, Ethanol-, Acetone-, MEK-based
- Distance to Object: 2mm to 20mm
- Print speed: dependent on matrix
- Nozzles: 192, 352
- Character Size: 10mm to 48mm
- Head Position: Horizontal
- Ink: Glycol-based
- Distance to object: Less than 4mm
- Print Speed: Maximum of 2 meters/second
Spare Parts Catalog
- EBS-1500 EM Modular Ink-Jet Controllers (PDF)