Continuous Ink-Jet Technology for Precise, In-Line Coding
The EBS 6200 Series represents the latest generation of non-contact ink-jet systems designed and engineered to mark products and packages in a conveyor-fed production environment. These systems are based on advanced, continuous ink-jet (CIJ) technology that can be controlled manually or automatically. In addition, the units operate solely on electricity; no compressed air is required.
Depending on the particular application, the EBS 6200 Series provides a choice of two different systems: the EBS 6200 for non-pigmented inks, and the 6200P for pigmented inks required to mark dark surfaces. Both units print exacting alphanumeric text that consists of common multilingual character sets and selected national diacritical characters, in addition to bar codes and graphic images.
The EBS 6200 Series produces legible, long-lasting ink-jet images on a wide variety of package and product surfaces. It is ideal for marking smooth or porous materials in flat or curved configurations, including uneven, irregular-shaped items like cables, tubes, insulation sleeves or extruded packaging. Inks are available in a wide range of colors and formulations, including MEK-, acetone- and ethanol-based.
The EBS 6200 Series is ideal for marking items with characters or codes from 1.5mm to 14mm high. Each model of the series can be upgraded to suit future applications, as well. Editors for bar codes and bitmaps are standard; three- and four-line units are optional.
The EBS 6200 Series is constructed of extremely durable components to assure reliability and long life. The system is designed to operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Regular in-plant maintenance can greatly maximize the operability of the units and minimize costs. Instruction and technical training are provided with the installation of every system.
- Character Sets: Traditional multilingual, Cyrillic, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, others
- Bar Codes: EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 128, EAN-128, Code 128B, ITF8, ITF 14, Datalogic, 2/5 Bars, Interleaved, Code 39, 2D Code Data Matrix ECC-200
- Positive air in print-head: Standard
- Print-head cable: 13.1 ft (4m); up to 26.2 ft (8m) optional
- Interface: RS232 or RS-485
- Print-head orientation: Any angle
- Print speed: Up to 1488 characters/sec @ 7×5 matrix; up to 1950 ft/min (595m/min)
- Number of lines: 2 lines standard; 3 or 4 lines optional
- Font matrix: (dependent on printer) 5×5, 7×5, 9×5, 11×8, 12×6, 12×7, 14×9, 16×10, 16×14, 21×15, 32×18
- Message memory: 1024 messages (2000 optional)
- Power: 120v, 30-60w
- Compressed air: None required
- Installation: Hanging or stand-alone
- Weight: 27.5 lbs (12.9kg) without ink or solvents
- Dimensions: 17.1”H x 11.8” W x 8.0”D (435mm x 300mm x 202mm)
- 3- or 4-line printing capability
- Special channel for external data
- Windows® software EdGraf for message management, parameters and status of printer
- RS-232 or Ethernet
- Keyboard layout for Arabic, Cyrillic characters
Spare Parts Catalogs
- EBS-6200 Series Small-Character, Continuous Ink-Jet Printing System (PDF)
- EBS-6100 Series Small-Character, Continuous Ink-Jet Printing System (PDF)